My Therapy: https://www.betterhelp.com/erik-metzger/

Friday, October 9, 2009

Meditation Timers



Jet City Orange Meditation Timer

These timers can be nice when using music from your own collection, so you know when the time is up! They also work well with their own timed music, which plays on a loop - not distracting and silent meditation is always an option ;o)

"It is my sincere wish that these suggestions help you learn how to meditate. These are general guidelines. I am not advocating any one approach, philosophy, or school of thought. The important thing is to do it with an clear and honest intent. (For the record, "Tibetan Buddhism" myself.)

The best suggestion I can give you is to make meditation a daily habit. Schedule it, put it in your calendar, set an alarm, be regular about it. As my wise friend Michael Shapiro told me, "Do it first thing in the morning." If I read the newspaper, check my email, or listen to NPR first, my head is too full to empty it.

The more you do it, the more you'll do it. I've found that once I began, I couldn't not do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment